Monday, June 4, 2007

Grover Gets Gussied Up

About this time last year I was invited to attend a new car show that was being started by the Kansas Oil Museum in El Dorado Kansas (http://www.kansasoilmuseum.org/index.cfm). It is called the "Nifty 50s & Psychedelic 60s Car Show". When they found out I had a '63 Land Rover they just had to have it in the show - so I got invited.

Well, to get Grover ready, I decided to get him "gussied up" a bit. Following are some photos I took a couple of days before the event.

Quasi new paint job - actually just a coat of primer.

New indicator lights as well. Not original (those are in storage for now), but they look better than what was on Grover when he arrived.

Added an horse shoe - he needs all the luck he can get!

This is as close to the "Wild Kingdom" I can get right now.





Decals have been added - I like decals!





Ready for the big show!










Here you can see some of the 'extras' I have added.

The large wooden trunk is ex-military. I keep tools, spare parts, cover-alls and other such sundries in here. There are also two, European style military jerry cans. The dark line on top of the trunk is my Hi-Lift jack.

As you can see, there is even an old First-Aid Kit.

Well, till next time...

Cheers!
Larry ~

No comments: