Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Chassis Chemicals Arive

About the only thing that has happen on the Grover front is that the Chemicals arrived yesterday.

I have been spending the past several days working on the half bath in our house as well as waiting for the contractor who was to install our new sewer line. Since Grover is at my parent's place it is hard to be there and then have to run home to deal with any problems the contractor might have.

Whenever we get a package from UPS, or FedEx, the driver stops at the front of the property and deposits the box at the front door. They use to deliver to the backdoor, but they haven't done this for a year, if not longer. Also, when they do deliver it is usually between 1 & 3 PM.

Yesterday the contractor showed up and got started on the sewer. Once they started I continued working on the half bath.

About 10:30 AM I started to walk out of the house carrying a bundle of old lath, with nails, about as big as me. I was being particularly careful carrying the lath through the house so as not to hit, or scrape, anything on the way out. While opening the back door I was paying close attention to it because I had just repainted it a few days before.

Right before I took the first step out the door I noticed something out the corner of my eye that wasn't 'normal'. I checked myself just in time and craned my neck to look over the bundle and see what was there.

Go figure...this time the UPS guy delivered to the back steps AND early!!

If I hadn't noticed something, and went ahead and stepped out, I would have tripped over these boxes. The picture isn't the best, but the back steps are steep. If I'd have fallen I'd have hit the cement steps first and then the bundle of nail filled lath!!

Oh well, at least the chemicals arrived. I wanted to get started again on Grover this Friday, but it's been raining off-n-on all day and the contractor didn't show. I should have worked on Grover today, but yesterday wiped me out.

Chances are they will finish with the sewer line early tomorrow (if they show). Maybe I'll get to work on him after that.

Till next time....

Cheers!
Larry ~

No comments: